What we collect
We may collect and store the following information when you visit our website:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including postal address, email address and telephone number
- Transactional information based on your activities on the website
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
How we collect information
We may collect information about you in the following ways:
- Any data which you provide when you purchase services from us
- Any other data which you provide to us when you enquire about our activities, email, telephone or write to us or otherwise provide us with information.
What we do with the information we collect
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To manage and fulfill your order for services, and respond to any other enquiries you make
- Internal record keeping
- To improve our products, services and advertising
- To contact you with information about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- To contact you for market research purposes by email, phone or mail
- To customise the website according to your interests.
We may also disclose information to respond to legal requirements (including under the Data Protection Act 1998) or to protect a third party’s rights, property, or safety.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to us at CAP, Capitol House, Bond Court, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS1 5EZ.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
- Create a specific log-in session for a visitor to a CAP website in order that page requests by that visitor are delivered in an effective, secure and consistent manner;
- Recognise when a visitor to a CAP website has visited before; this means we can identify the number of unique visitors we receive to the website and allows us to make sure we have enough capacity for the number of users that we get;
- Customise elements of the promotional layout and/or content of the pages of the website;
- Store your product selections to the shopping basket;
- Collect statistical information about how our visitors use the website(s) so that we can improve the website(s) and learn which parts are most popular to visitors; and
- Gather information through our advertising partners, about the pages on the CAP website(s) that you visit, and also other information about other websites that you visit, so as to place you in a "interest segment". This information is then used to serve interest-based advertisements which it is believed will be targeted to your interests. For more information about this type of interest based advertising, and about how to turn this feature off please visit www.youronlinechoices.co.uk or follow the link to the website of our advertising partners shown below. Without these cookies, advertisements you encounter will be less relevant to you and to your interests.
|Cookie Name||Purpose||More In|
|ASPXANONYMOUS||For anonymous authentication|
Used to allow authentication of users
|ASPXAuth||Used to allow authentication of users|
|Language||Stores the local language e.g. En-US|
|These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.||http://www.google.co.uk /intl/en/analytics/privacy
|WebTrends uses a cookie to track the number of unique users of this website. It basically tells us whether the website has a small number of regular visitors or a large number of infrequent visitors. The cookie only relates to what goes on in this website||http://webtrends.com/privacy-policy/
Links to other websites
Controlling your personal information
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to CAP, Capitol House, Bond Court, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS1 5EZ.